Tuesday, April 12, 2011

iPad, Xbox, and A

It's been ten months today since Aron's accident. My parents continue to see him each day, often being present for therapy which ranges from working at the bedside to being supported by a walking machine. He continues to receive therapy four days a week and he is in good physical health.

A few recent highlights of the past month:

The Dunn Family bought Aron an iPad, which can be loaded with various apps to help him communicate with us. Right now he seems to be interested in the iPad and will touch the screen. He seems very interested in photos and videos.

My parents brought Aron's Xbox and at first he didn't do much of anything with it, but he's started to hold the control and manipulate the buttons and trigger.

The anti-seizure medication has been reduced and will continue to be reduced further if Aron doesn't show signs of being at risk for a seizure. This is a big step as my parents feel the meds make Aron apathetic and tired.

A recent EEG showed slow brain waves on the left side, but no seizures.

My mom has been working to get Aron to write, and he made a very rough "A".


My dad and mom work tirelessly with Aron and remain hopeful for his eventual recovery. Through all this, we are thankful he is still with us and making steps in the right direction.

8 comments:

  1. AWESOME news! So glad to hear this news! Praise the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm grateful for the update, thank you. Keep it up Aron!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Aron and Shubin Family,

    You are in my prayers. Thanks for keeping us updated and informed. Praying he can be removed from the seizure medicine soon. Thank God for the iPad. Blessings, The Knutson Family

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday Aron.

    This time last year, you had just visited me in Oxford. I was just thinking of all our adventures in England and Rome. So thankful for who you are, for the influence you've had on my life, and for all times we got to enjoy together.

    Thinking about you, missing you, loving you, and praying for you today and everyday.

    Love and Prayers,
    Amy

    If you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any fellowship with the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and purpose. Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves.

    Phillipians 2:1-3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday lil brother !!!!!!
    your friend in Christ, Ricky B

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Aron! It has been a loooong time since we have had a chance to talk... I want you to know you are such a great young man and I will always have a special place in my heart for you Aron... always have.. always will. Many times I have thought of you and have waited far too long to say "Hello Aron!" and my prayer for you is that you make progress every day towards that great 1320 mark so I can hook up with you at the drag strip for the sights, sounds and smell of NITROOOO!

    Ya know, I have two very cool creations which I've machined up which I've be HONORED to share photos with you. Both are 1/10th scale, one is a '40 Ford coupe "NE1" car called "Strange Magic" the other is a tribute to the "Ramchargers" funny car of the early 1970's. Can't give too many details via text to spoil the surprise so I hope to share these with you soon.

    Truly, you are an outstanding young man and my prayers are with you Aron. Keep in mind I am always thinking about you and trust God will see that your health improves each and every day.

    I hope we can keep in touch my friend, for years to come... we always got along so very well! You are loved by so many.

    Sincerely,

    Wayne DeCosa
    wdecosa@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy B-Day Aron... It seems like just yesterday we were at your sisters house for your b-day last year. Jordan and I bbqed and had a couple beers last night, wish you were here. I found some hot links you would love... Hotter the better right! Anyway we love you man... Happy birthday

    Jimmy and Jacqie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Still thinking about you Aron. Praying that you continue to make progress, perhaps not at the speed that we hope, but at your own speed and that is all that matters.

    Tim & Karen McDermott - GMS Family

    ReplyDelete