Tuesday, October 25, 2011

500 Days of Faithfulness

Aron at Hume Lake with King's Harbor Church
I had an app on my computer counting down the days until I returned from Oxford to see Aron. Now it counts the days since his accident. Today, it’s been 500 days.

Though the past 500 days have been filled with pain and uncertainty, they’ve also been filled with God’s faithfulness, mercy, and grace.

When I visited Aron on Sunday, he smiled as soon as we entered the room. He follows the conversation and laughs at all of our stories and antics (or at least the funny ones). Whether it’s a goofy lizard face or a car joke, Aron laughs. It’s such a blessing that God has given him the ability to express himself in this way. I am so thankful for that. Aron still beats me at thumb war and smiles when I tell him about a good wave that I caught or a story about law school.

Today, I especially want to remember God’s faithfulness and acknowledge His hand throughout the last 500 days. More and more I am coming to recognize how great and how BIG God is… and how small I really am. Instead of asking “why,” I choose to trust. I know that God has a plan and He promises that “in ALL things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose” (Romans 8:28). I have to keep reminding myself of this truth, as I so easily forget His promises. I keep praying the prayer of the father in Mark, "Lord, I believe; Help my unbelief!" And He is faithful.

Thank you for your support for the last 500 days, for the encouragement, the visits, and the prayers.

-Amy

12 comments:

  1. I am grateful for your faithfulness to share the journey with us. I am humbled by Aron's life and our God's sovereignty. I will continue to pray and look for His great power to be revealed in Aron's life and to the hearts of Aron's loved ones! Jeremiah 17:14

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing, Amy! It's so good to hear your gratitude for all God has given you even in the midst of this trial. He's been with you every step of the way and He will never leave your side. And like you and Romans 8:28 say, He really will work this together for good. We are in the midst of a huge story and we can't see the 'why' of some of the twists and turns the storyline takes, but we know the ending, and it is GLORIOUS!! Your faith and steadfastness is an inspiration. May you find rest in the arms of your faithful God.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Amy, for this post. I continue to lock arms with Aron, with you, and all his family and friends, through prayer, continually lifting you and Aron up to the Lord. Yes, God is so good--something we realize best in trials. How precious His strength and love. How awesome that God has given Aron the gift of laughter and joy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am just finding out what happened to Aron. I will keep him and his family in my thoughts and prayers. If someone can please tell me where he is at so that I can go visit him I wou
    ld greatly appreciate it.
    Jortega@megawestern.com

    Thanks
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am too finding out about this. Aron is a wonderful person with a great smile. I would really like to visit him. Were can we do so?

    Denise
    charlenedenisec@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mr.shubin was a awesome teacher :) he was fun and made every one laugh and smile....he is still one of the best people that i know he has helped me and now i would like to help him I'm praying for you sir

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our God is faithful. May Aron continue to laugh and make more and more progress. Blessings, Cynde Knutson and family

    ReplyDelete
  8. I felt compelled to share this with you video regarding a treatment my cousins baby is now receiving after a near drowning accident. I hope this might be something that will be beneficial to Aron also. Please watch the video & look into this amazing procedure. We are praying God's hand on this Aron's healing.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbFs9NN__Mk&feature=related

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there...I have been following your blog updates on Aron and, although I did not know him personally, he touched my families life forever. You see, the boy to the right of him (in the white shirt) was my nephew, Danny,who we invited to attend Hume Lake with our daughters. Aron was his leader and Danny was saved during this trip. A month later Danny unexpectedly passed away from a tragic accident at 17 years old. Aron was a huge part of the peace we had in knowing that Danny was with Jesus. So, Thank You Aron...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shubin hope you continue to get better. We really miss reading the monthly updates on his improvements.

    ReplyDelete
  11. God bless and I hope Mr.Shubin continues to gather strength and keeps improving.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey my name is recka. i attend mission oak high school in tulare. Tulare first baptist is the church that i go to. they broght me to hume lake along time ago. now that i look back i wish that i would have paid a little more attention to what they were saying instead of meeting the other christian girls and boys going through the same problems as me

    ReplyDelete