Friday, October 8, 2010

Xbox Controller and DVD's

Left to Right:
Jimmy, Amy, Aron, Jordan


















On Tuesday,  I saw Aron again, he was awake when I got there, he had his eyes open and was really responsive.  Arons parents brought his xbox controller and when I put it in his right hand he started pressing a few of the buttons, it was very cool to see something that deliberate.  I got to talk to him and he answered a few questions with the new blinking code e.g. one blink for yes and 2 blinks for no.  So he got my shirt color and my hair color correct and he also knew that it was me. All and all it was a good night for progress and we just need more of days like that for Aron to get better.

Last night I saw Aron as well, We got him a DVD player so he can have more direct stimulus that the TV.  (Thanks Gonzo for the deal on the DVD player! ). I put on Ocean's 11 because I knew Aron would recognize the movie.  From the look of his reaction he did.  He was starring intently for a while and then in true Aron fashion fell asleep after 30 minutes.

What we need from Aron now is to keep working on physical therapy, when he has his appoinments a big portion of them is working on his neck muscles to support his head.  Muscle atrophy is to be expected and something Aron must overcome to recover.  When you see Aron please give him words of encouragement and stay positive.  Thank you for all your prayers and support.

-Jordan

5 comments:

  1. Boys & their video games...that was definitely a good idea. I think my son would sleep w/the game controller if I would let him.

    Glad to hear the good news & look forward to every update...still praying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the update. It's encouraging to hear Aron continues to make progress and God answering those prayers. -Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  3. How are things going with Aron? As time passes the posts get fewer and I feel so out of the loop.Want to come visit so bad, but am having heart issues and a little hesitant. Is Aron's cell still active? Thinking it could be a great way for many to leave voice messages that could e played for him.Just a thought that might give him some mental stimulus and allow people to keep in touch.

    Kathy@GMS

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do agree the post have become fewer, we check everyday hoping to read about Shubin’s progress. Nathan and I continue to pray for his full recovery and have faith in God’s healing hand.

    Keep fighting Shubin!!! We will visit you soon.

    Nathan / Loyda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello,

      Very good site you have created. I like your site it is very informative. Thanks a lot for creating this type of valuable site...

      Delete