Thursday, October 28, 2010

Hi

Last week, after a lot of prompting, Aron said his first word in over four months. He said "Hi" to my parents.

It was evening, and Jimmy, Jordan, and Jacqie were with him, trying to get him to talk because his trach was plugged. When the trach is plugged, it allows air to go past his vocal chords, which is what makes speaking possible. He was making some incoherant noises, and then my parents walked in the room. Everyone kept telling him to say "hi" and after a while, a long and shaky "Hiiiiiiiiiii" came out.

This is very exciting news, and until yesterday morning, he didn't say anything else.

Yesterday, an employee at Little Company of Mary went in Aron's room to say hello, and he said hi to her. We found out about this last night.

If there is anything Aron is known for aside from cars and surfing, it's talking about cars and surfing. And just talking in general. We all miss Aron so much, and I've found the silence to be one of the loudest things these past months. Aron always has a running commentary on life, and hopefully this "hi" is just the beginning.

12 comments:

  1. This is great news!!! I can’t wait to tell Nathan when he gets home from school. He will be delighted to hear that his favorite teacher is showing progress.

    Keep up the hard work Shubin!!

    Loyda / Nathan

    ReplyDelete
  2. i only met aron a few times through some friends but i check this blog about twice a week. i got goose bumps when i read this. i will keep praying for aron.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I teared up just reading that...God is amazing & it's just the beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great news. Thank you Jesus! Keep pressing in Aron!
    -Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's wonderful news! Never met Aron before, but from what I have read...he sounds like a good guy. I wish him the best.

    Angie
    aka ch3vynova72 on SNS

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great news Candace! I'm very happy for Aron and your family!

    Farah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praise God. Hi is an amazing step.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't think that I have ever been so happy in my life!After I read the last post I couldn't help but shed some tears ; and I know that I probably don't have that right. When I can read posts from his family and friends that have had Aron in their whole life, it's selfish on my part to not keep the faith. I do believe that Aron is coming back to us as best he can. Each and everyday is a true miracle!He is very loved and missed. Many of last years students ask me almost daily how he is doing. They also share that they continue to pray for him.Can't wait to see what the next word will be!!!!

    Love you Aron! Kathy Gargas @GMS

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such great news.

    ReplyDelete
  10. HI Aron! Great job...Continued Prayers.

    -Chris

    ReplyDelete
  11. This brings tears to my eyes. Aron, we are all so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete