Wednesday, December 1, 2010

therapy and noise continues

We're all dealing with Aron's situation in our own way - mine has been to stay away and focus on my family - while I'm not at the hospital with Aron, I call my parents each day for the update. My dad is with Aron every day now during therapy and spends time with him in his room and out on the patio.

The progress is slow, but things are still happening - very small things like looking the correct direction when told or doing simple things with his hands. Aron is still making noise, but clear words have yet to form. It is also important that he consistently follows commands - during each session and from day to day.

Aron continues to be physically healthy, and my dad keeps emphasizing how normal he looks.

Please continue to hold Aron up in your prayers, and with him my family, his friends, and Amy.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update. Praying. Love the Knutson Family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shub....I still miss you everyday at lunch next to the tree at school. I think about what a great Young teacher you are.....I think about your years at GMS...Shub you really made a difference. I know you are such a strong person...and a person who Loves God, that you will recover....You will recover to be the person you are supposed to be.
    Shubin family and Amy...we know it is a hard journey now...but keep the faith.....it is what it is...we are with you......
    love glo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful post above mine. I don't know Aron. His parents belong to the same Sunday school class as I do at Florence Avenue Foursquare Church (though I haven't seen them recently). I pray for Aron daily, as well as his parents and other family members and loved ones who are struggling with Aron's recovery. God is good and He is working according to His will, which is perfect. My own faith continues to be encouraged by Aron's journey.

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glo,

    Thank you so much for your comment. I'll have my dad read it to Aron.

    Candace

    ReplyDelete