Friday, May 27, 2011

sense of humor in tact

A few weekends ago, I brought Augie to see Aron. My mom, Augie, and I were outside, talking. It was a nice breezy day, and my mom was holding Augie over Aron. At one point, Augie drooled, and the drool was caught by the wind, and went all over the place. Aron smiled, then chuckled. It was a nice interaction. A bit later, my mom said something that in the past, both my brother and I would have been like, "moooooommmm!", and before I could say "moooommmm" at her mom-ism, Aron laughed!

Since then, my dad has been telling Aron stories, and he will laugh or show emotion at the correct time. My parents are very uplifted by this. He also plays xbox, and will "shoot" when you tell him to.


We continue to pray and hope for Aron to recover.

3 comments:

  1. Praise God! Continued prayers for ALL of you and Arons doctors and therapists.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These updates are so encouraging to those of us who pray daily for Aron and your family. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aron's sense of humor was one of the best parts of him. I'm so glad to hear that it's intact!

    ReplyDelete