Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Cranioplasty this Thursday

Aron will be undergoing a reconstructive cranioplasty this Thursday, September 23. God has been faithful and answered our prayers so far: Aron is 30% responsive, he has had no infections, and he continues to improve. This surgery will restore the balance of fluid and tissue in Aron's head, and protect him from further injury. Your prayers right now mean more than ever, and Amy and my family have included a list of specific things that are crucial. We know God hears us and that He loves my brother.

Please pray for:

peace and calm for Aron
the skill of Dr. Lin and Dr. Owen, that God would guide their hands
quick surgery with no complications
no post op infection or bleeding of the brain
that the pieces of skull would fit well and not be rejected, but regenerated
quick awakening from anesthesia.
a turning point in Aron's recovery, that we would see rapid increases in the speed of Aron's progress and that this would be a positive step towards full and complete recovery

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update we will be praying.
    Eric Cannady

    ReplyDelete
  2. He will be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying!
    Love, Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's nice to hear things like this. Keep up the support and keep up the updates. Miss you guys!

    Hang in there Aron!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've just added Aron to our prayer list at church!

    Here are some comforting words that was sent out with the prayer request that I thought you might want to read:

    http://bowlofinspiration.blogspot.com/2010/09/seek-me.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keeping you in my thoughts Aron.

    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Candace for the update, Nathan and I continue to pray for Mr. Shubin and your family and Amy every day. I found a text in the bible that reminded me of how important it is for all of us to always rely on God’s helping hand no matter what the circumstances are in our lives. God is someone that never lets us down and we continuously need to remind ourselves of that.

    Isaiah 41:10
    “Do not be afraid, for I am with you. Do not gaze about, for I am your God. I will fortify you. I will really help you. I will really keep fast hold of you with my right hand of righteousness.”


    Loyda / Nathan

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for the update. we will keep him in our prayers

    ReplyDelete
  9. Prayers have been abundant and will be especially today. ~ Pat Dunn

    ReplyDelete