Wednesday, September 8, 2010

progress!


Today Aron had an appointment with the neurosurgeon and was transported via ambulance from San Pedro to Anaheim. Transport went smoothly, and he even took a bit of a nap during the ride.

I don't know where to start to report on the appointment other than it went as well as we could have hoped. Aron responded to the doctor with hand squeezes, opening his eyes on command, and moving his toes on command. He was responsive and the doctor saw it! My dad told me the doctor was smiling and clearly saw Aron's progress. So clearly, in fact, that she is requesting aggressive physical therapy and a crainoplasty.

While no one, including the neurosurgeon, can predict outcome, one thing is certain - he is improving. I am united with my family and Amy and her family, in the belief that our prayers are being answered.

The above picture is a Nova at a northern California Nova event - hundreds of stickers were handed out and placed on cars and get well posters were signed for Aron. There was a moment of silence and prayer as people who share Aron's passion petitioned God's love and healing for one of their own.

16 comments:

  1. Praise God for answered prayers and His continued providence!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing Candace! I couldn't read the last part out loud to Russ without getting totally choked up. What a blessing to know that so many people continue to pray for and remember Aron every day!

    We continue to have hope and know that God is a God of miracles. We pray for that miracle of total restoration.

    Our hearts are with you all as you serve and care for Aron.

    Much Love,

    Russ, Kathy, Luke, Ella and Audra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely amazing. I used to forget to pray some days but recently, Aron has been my reminder. He's at the top of my list, both day and night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job Aron!

    Ps. Where can I get that sticker? I want one for my truck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome! Way to go Aron! Praise God and thank you Lord for Your hand in all of this! - Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to hear good news. I'm sure everyone was thinking of you like I was today. God Speed. Julie @ GMS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Candace, I have been praying for Aron every day since I heard what happen to him. My name is Eden and I am a high school youth leader with Aron. We were at hume lake last year together and he is a very special guy. i will continue to pray for a healing miracle. my love to you...eden

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely amazing! I check this blog daily for updates on Aron and I'm so glad to see progress in every post. Keep up the good work Aron.

    (I too would love to get a hold of one of those stickers for my Chevelle.)- Sean

    ReplyDelete
  9. GOD IS GOOD & FAITHFUL TO HEAR OUR PRAYERS!

    Absolutely wonderful news!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you God for the amazing progress. Please Lord continue to help Aron make progress. Amen--Thanks for the update, Blessings from the Knutsons

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome news! Keep fighting and we will keep praying for you.

    Nathan / Loyda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tears and joy!!! This is such an answer to very specific prayer! I know God loves Aron way more than any of us do and am so thankful for that. He is so good to continue to show us progress and healing, even though the healing is in His time and in His way. Praising God with you all.
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Praise God!!!! My life group has been praying, and what wonderful news to report! How do we get these Nova stickers? We would LOVE some! Lori and Bill Scott

    ReplyDelete
  14. We are so happy to hear the good news and are continuing to pray for more!
    Nathan & Lisa Donaldson

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so glad Aron is improving. I think about him often. I sent a card a couple weeks ago with pics of the bluee 66 wagon in various places, hopefully I sent it to the right place.

    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is awesome news!! Keep up the fight Aron! You got this big guy!! =)

    ReplyDelete