Tuesday, November 2, 2010

playing catch

I just wanted to post really quickly - my dad called me a minute ago to tell me that Aron is playing catch. Jimmy is throwing the ball to Aron from about four feet away, and Aron is catching it. He isn't throwing it back, and he isn't moving too much, but he is catching the ball.

Each day in therapy, Aron does a little more - today he correctly identified letters and he is still working on holding up his head.

In addition to the therapy Aron gets, my parents, Jimmy's parents, and Amy's parents go see Aron often. Since the accident, there hasn't been a day my brother has been without a visitor. My parents firmly believe that everyone's commitment to him is a contributing factor to his progress.

Please continue to hold Aron in your prayers.

5 comments:

  1. This is really good news! Thanks so much for taking the time to keep us updated. It's getting exciting now hearing how much progress Aron is making so quickly.

    Payama Brewer
    GMS

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMAZING!!! Thanks for the constant updates, it's so inspiring to see God at work in Aron's life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the update. The Knutson family are keeping you all in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Shubins and Amy,

    I work with Jill and have been keeping up with the blog since the beginning. I am so thankful to hear that Aron is improving. He looks like an amazingly active and loving person and I am so thankful to know he is catching a ball and standing up (with help). Please know that Aron is in my family's prayers. Blessings to you all. Renai Albaugh

    ReplyDelete
  5. Continued prayers for your recovery. God is working miracles.

    Another Nova brother...

    ReplyDelete