Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Trusting


Aron has continued to progress. We keep getting reports from the nurses that he has been partially opening his eyes when they move him or suction his lungs. Today he opened his eyes halfway for my mom and I. He also moved his thumb on command a couple times and lifted his arm on command once. Aron is struggling to come back to us. Thank you all for your constant prayers and support, as we continue to trust in the Lord.

On a personal note, last Monday the girls in my family attended a women’s Bible study at our church, King’s Harbor. The study was on Habakkuk—on remembering God’s faithfulness, waiting, and trusting God in the midst of tragedy. The Lord really spoke to me through the message, and I think it might be helpful for others who are likewise hurting and missing Aron. Like all of you, I am so heart broken by all of this and want Aron back so badly. This was not what Aron and I were planning for our summer. But I am trying to pour out my brokenness, my doubts, and my pain to the Lord and trust that He is faithful.

Habakkuk 3:19—The Sovereign Lord is my strength; He makes my feet like the feet of a deer, He enables me to go on the heights.

Here’s the link to a synopsis of the message:
http://khcwomeninministry.wordpress.com/2010/07/13/refuge-tunnel-vision-2/
There is also a link to the recording of the message at the bottom of the page, or you can click here to listen to it: http://www.box.net/shared/jp7ikz9989



5 comments:

  1. I hope and pray every morning and night that once Aron does finally pull through, he will be able to continue his many passions. I pray that he will still be able to work on his cars like hes always done. I pray that he is able to continue his passion for teaching. I also pray that he is able to continue his education and accomplish those goals that he has for himself. What matters most is that he is happy and able to continue doing all the things he loved before the accident. I have faith that my prayers will be answered.

    A.A

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am Jill's cousin in Washington state. (Dianne) My husband and I have been in ministry for over thirty years. This is just a note to let you know that MANY people in the Northwest are praying for Aron daily. Our current church and previous churches have all added him to their prayer chains. Everyone is so encouraged to hear of his progress. We, like you, are all expecting a remarkable miracle. This is a difficult situation...but He is able to complete the good work that He has started in Aron's recovery. Be of good courage and be strong in the Lord! He is FAITHFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy, thank you for sharing your heart to people who are strangers to you, and sharing your faith. My husband and I pray for Aron daily, and I have friends and family praying for him too. I check the blog every day for updates. I also am praying for Aron's family and for you. I didn't know Aron terribly well. We work together, but most of our conversations are brief. I've learned more about the man Aron is from reading this blog. God has amazing plans for Aron and I truly believe that all of this, the good and the bad, will reveal God's amazing glory. Love to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ACSI HQ continues to pray for you Aron and Jill. I'm delighted with the encourgement of this blog knowing that God answers and is answering prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi shub.....praying for you, work hard, we are with you...High five my friend.....love glo

    ReplyDelete